Cloud Service Commerce Leader – Corporate Counsel to Associate General Counsel
Our client is a cloud service commerce leader making software and products accessible globally. They are based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We are seeking an attorney who will focus on independently structuring and negotiating sophisticated technology transactions with our client’s global customer base, as well as provide legal advice on a wide range of domestic and foreign issues, including intellectual property, data privacy, and corporate matters.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with business executives and team members from business units and functional areas, including sales, product, marketing, engineering and finance, on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues.
- Draft, negotiate and review complex commercial transactions and subscription agreements in connection with the provision of our client’s SaaS platform services to customers and partners.
- Prepare and negotiate commercial contracts with vendors, consultants and service providers.
- Review and resolve legal issues that arise in various commercial relationships.
- Assure compliance with applicable legal requirements related to our client’s operations and activities, in particular, those relating to data privacy.
- Assist with implementation and enforcement of the corporate compliance program, support employee training and development programs related to legal issues.
- Law degree with a strong academic record, and membership in at least one state bar.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS models and related legal, technical and business issues required.
- Extensive background in drafting services agreements, sales contracts, licenses and intellectual property agreements. Experience with EU data privacy requirements is a plus.
- Extremely strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities under deadline pressure.